Start your home built grinder project off with a rock-solid flat platen mounting bracket! This Bikini Bracket is ideal for mounting a platen to a D-plate
- This bikini flat platen mounting bracket bolts onto any of our D-style backing plates & is skinnier than our conventional L-bracket.
- It is designed for folk who want to be able to have parts extend behind the platen on the right as well as on the left.
- A flat platen of your choice is bolted to the front of this mounting bracket.
- The bracket is laser cut out of 3/16″ steel
- Length: 8″ approximately
- Width: 2″ approximately.
- The mounting holes are all 1/4″ diameter
- The holes on the front are 6″ center to center
- The holes on the side are also 6″ center to center.
Having a flat platen which can be removed from this D-style backing plate mounting bracket means you can replace flat platens when they become worn. You can also install a cooling plate between the flat platen & the mounting bracket for heavy-duty grinding applications where heat becomes an issue. You can also insert pieces of shim stock (or aluminum baking tray material) to true the flat platen in relation to the D-style backing plate or tool rest. Let us know if you have any questions; we’re always ready to help. Please also have a look at our other listings.
There are no reviews yet.