This Flat Platen is cut from hot rolled steel and fits any of our grinders. Perfect replacement for your existing platen or to be used on your DiY Grinder Project. This platen will bolt directly to our Bikini Bracket.
- This flat platen is manufactured from hot rolled steel.
- The mounting holes are already tapped 1/4-20 & 6″ apart.
- This platen fits most DIY style grinders, but check your layout before ordering.
- They fit our D-style backing plates & mounting brackets.
- We also have these available in 2.5″ width A2 tool steel as well as 2.5″ width hot rolled steel.
- Width: 2.5 approximately
- Length: 8″ approximately
- Thickness: 1.4″ approximately.
- The mounting holes are tapped 1/4-20
- The holes are 6″ apart (center to center)
Having a flat platen that can be removed from this D-style backing plate mounting bracket means you can replace flat platens when they become worn. You can also install a cooling plate between the flat platen & the mounting bracket for heavy-duty grinding applications where heat becomes an issue. You can also insert pieces of shim stock (or aluminum baking tray material) to true the flat platen in relation to the D-style backing plate or tool rest. Let us know if you have any questions; we’re always ready to help. Please also have a look at our other listings
There are no reviews yet.